Sunday, December 6, 2020

The Fall of Privacy

It is no secret that the internet has many dangers within it. Whether that'd be through potential cyberbullying, scamming, or even hacking. However, one of the many things I never realized is how much one's privacy can be in jeopardy. In other words, if you had told me that the federal government collects data off of what you do on your phone or computer on a daily basis, I would have laughed at you. Although, it is becoming more apparent that this is factual, and not a lot of people seem to realize it. In other words, I was completely unfamiliar with how our law enforcement use automatic license plate scanners to collect information. That in itself is scary to think about. Overall, while I don't necessarily see this as a major threat to our society, it is definitely something that I think more people should be more cautious of. Especially myself. 

Ways to protect information:
https://www.rasmussen.edu/degrees/technology/blog/are-we-taking-online-privacy-seriously-enough/



No comments:

Post a Comment