Tuesday, September 1, 2020

My Top 5 Sources of News and Information

Fox News: https://www.foxnews.com/

Fox News is without a doubt my most used source when it comes to receiving news. I mainly watch it during the evening hours since I prefer the news anchors during that particular time frame. However, sometimes i'll have it on during the day to hear different points of view. What I mean by that is typically Fox News has anchors that are more on the left side of the political spectrum during the day time hours, and anchors that are more on the right side of the political spectrum during the evening hours. Therefore, I like to try and understand both points of view. What I like specifically about this news source is that it keeps me up to date on what's going on in the world politically. Not only that, but it also appears to have a bipartisanship which is something I value heavily. I would recommend this source for anyone who wants to hear from both sides of the political spectrum.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/home

Even though I don't mean to use Twitter as a source of information, it's no doubt that I use it very frequently. Twitter always has news going on. Whether its from the trending pages, or just from people I follow. I could load up Twitter just to scroll through and see what people are talking about, and 90% of it is always be politics related. While I like the fact that people are using their platform as a voice, I also think Twitter can be a very dark and dangerous place. Especially since Twitter to me is the belly of the beast when it comes to cancel culture. I can say one thing someone doesn't agree with, and all of the sudden I'll be flamed by everyone in the next few minutes. As a result, I definitely don't consider Twitter a great place to receive my information, but it's definitely where I receive my news the most even when I don't mean to. Wouldn't recommend. However, if people are curious to see what people are talking about, then by all means go for it.

BlazeTV: https://get.blazetv.com/

Though typically I watch BlazeTV more on YouTube, I still use this source for news and information quite often. BlazeTV is a right wing based news source that does a deep dive on just about everything you can imagine going on in the world politically. What I like about this source specifically is that its basically a video only platform that shares clips or highlights of different occurrences. Especially since it also features some of my favorite speakers like Ben Shapiro, Steven Crowder, Dave Rubin, or Candace Owens. I can't say i'd recommend this to everyone, but for anybody who is more right leaning and wants to see a more detailed view of what's happening politically. 

The Daily Wire: https://www.dailywire.com/

What keeps me coming back to The Daily Wire is that it is founded by my favorite speaker Ben Shapiro. While it's not my most used source of information, its definitely in my top five. As one could expect, The Daily Wire is a news source that is more right leaning on the political spectrum, and it also has live streamed discussions on their website. As mentioned earlier, my favorite thing about this source is that Ben Shapiro is the main host. If there's one person that I could listen to for hours its easily him. If anyone wants to hear from someone who's been very politically active since they were only a teenager I highly recommend watching this show. It is a paid subscription, but you can also watch highlights on YouTube.

Louder With Crowder: https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/

Similar to The Daily Wire, Louder With Crowder is a right winged news source that has live streamed discussions with its main host Steven Crowder. While also having clips or highlights on YouTube. What puts this in my top five list is that not only does Steven Crowder keep me updated on whats happening politically, but he gives me a good laugh while he's at it. Steven Crowder has his history of being a comedian. Maybe not to everyone, but definitely to me. If there's anyone who is the most fun to listen to when talking politics or news its definitely him. What I also like about Steven Crowder is that he's well known for his 'Change My Mind' series where he sits down with people who are particularly on the left side of the political spectrum in an attempt to find common ground on sensitive topics. As a result I think I could recommend this source to literally anyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment